"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

My "talk" with Man-pretty

The blood drive was today. A certain Student Council member strutted around with her lame-ass name tag on. She used to be one of my best friends, but now I don't even think she remembers who I am.
During band and most of lunch Man-pretty donated blood because he's old enough to. I was going to confront him then...but I didn't get the chance to do so.
I started to feel better about all this after Shorty told me that Man-pretty and Black have dated off and on for some time now. Every time she breaks up with him he vows never to go out with her again because he doesn't like her. Rumor has it that she only asked him so she could have someone pay her way into Prom.
When the bell wrang after lunch I felt like I was going to puke. I had been laughing and joking around with Pink Piggy and Book, but when I turned around I saw Man-pretty and Black...they had their arms around each other. So if anyone noticed that I was upset during English...that' why.
I wanted to ask him why he lied to me. At first I was going to do it before 4th block, but he wasn't at his locker. He wasn't there either after school. I walked to the library & I saw him drivin' around. When I arrived at the library, my dad got there like, two seconds later, so he waited in the car until I was done. Yeah, when I was done, I turned to walk out of the Community Room and guess who was turning to walk in--MAN-PRETTY.
I walked back into the room and told him how I had been looking for him at school. Then I made a joke. Then I asked him why he lied to me. I tried looking him in the eyes, but it was impossible. He said that he didn't lie...he asked me what I wanted to know about it, but I couldn't say anything. Out of all the things I've thought about saying to him I couldn't think of any of them. I looked up at him again...all I saw was his brown eyes. "It's only temporary." Meaning that he doesn't expect to be dating Black long. Then he started talking about books.
I wish I would have said more; I couldn't though. I hope he was able to see how upset I was because I know I didn't tell him.
I used to think that when Whelk Boy broke up with me...well, I thought that was the worst I would ever feel. It's not. I feel worse now. I can barely eat now and my thoughts drift to suicide. I won't do it though, I'm to curious what would happen the next day...if everything would miraciously fix itself somehow....

I don't know what to do, and I don't think anyone can help me.

No comments: