"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Sunday, March 20, 2005

The past week

I haven't posted in almost a week because I have been so busy that it's not even funny. First off, I've been sad about Man-pretty's answer, Marinesco didn't go to school Monday-Thursday, I lost my English notebook, all the things in my English notebook (plus a bunch more) were due to be typed and perfected by Friday, I had a two part (over achiever me) English project due on Friday, on Friday I had a presentation which I presummed would be horrible, I had to schedule a Forensics practice, Saturday was Districts for Forensics, I had a YAC meeting Thursday night (the night before all my crap was due), I had accidentally started myself on fire and I am still jumpy around flames, and there were so many other little things I cannot mention.

Well, the week is over and I survived. Last night I was listening to a couple CDs I bought and I have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to fuss over Man-pretty's answer.
Marinesco came back to school on Friday and announced that she had spent her week in a mental institution. This Thursday she is moving back to Marinesco.
I found my English notebook.
Thursday night the YAC meeting was canceled, so I was able to finish my two part project and get the vast majority of my English binder finished. Thursday morning I had had eight things finished. By the time I went to bed that night I had eighteen things completed. Eighteen out of twenty-five things. I wasn't upset. I was proud that I accomplished so much.
Thursday I was also able to get in a Forensic's practice.
Yesterday, at Forensics, I managed to do GREAT!!!
For all of you who are not acquainted with Forensics (not the science), there are different categories and you are judged three times a day on your performance. Each category has five different aspects that they are judged on...each worth five points with a possible of twenty-five points.
I am in Solo Acting. I have memorized eight minutes of material which I presented. My first round my score was 20. I had done mediocre. My second round I kicked ass. Personally, I believe that was my best round by far...I scored 22. My third, and final round, I sucked. Mrs. T had told me to take longer pauses, so I did. Unfortunately I took too long of a pause and lost where I was. It took me a few seconds to remember what I had to say next. After the round I was so scared to see what I had scored for my three rounds. I didn't expect to make it to State my Freshman year. What made it worse was, I was standing there and someone told me my zipper was done. So not only did I suck it up, my fly was down. WHY DID I HAVE TO DRINK TWO CUPS OF COFFEE AND PEE SO MUCH!!! When I got my results I was amazed to see that my third round I HAD A PERFECT SCORE OF TWENTY-FIVE!!!
I'm headed for State and I could not be more excited!

No comments: