"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Why do I even give a shit?

To Mary:
Your interest in Drama Mentorship is appreciated. Unfortunately at this time there are more drama applicants than can be accommodated in the class. We are trying to give both experienced and "new" students and opportunity to participate in Drama. You are on a waiting list in the event that openings occur. Letters and permission forms will be forwarded to students if openings occur. Thank you for your interest in Drama Mentorship.
Best regards,
Mrs. Kascewicz

Every year I look forward to Dance, Homecoming, Pepband and Drama Mentorship. The funny thing is I thought I was experienced considering that I was in it LAST YEAR. Oh wait, and then there was the fact that I earned a second place at state for forensics--but of course that has NOTHING to do with acting. Oh wait, yeah it does considering the fact that I gave a seven minute monologue!
This is the closest thing our lame ass school has to a school play, so I try to make the best of it, but I forgot Mrs. K has her favorites. What Beaver said really surprised me, I mean wouldn't you think a sophomore who already had experience would get higher seniority than a bunch of freshmen? Of course not, because I was not enrolled in her stupid "Gifted and Talented" programs.
I remember when all those test results came back in middle school and I had scored in the top 5% of our grade. I, of course, was not on Mrs. K's list, so she didn't believe I was as smart as her precious geniuses (no offense to those of you who were in Quest...I'm just ranting). My mom actually called the school and asked her why I wasn't in the gifted programs if I was intelligent enough to take the damn SATs in the 6th freaking grade.
I still haven't found anybody else who was rejected (except the pregnant girl, but her due date is around the production time). Everyone I've told cannot believe I was actually REJECTED from drama.
I try to be involved in this school, but every time I get shot down.
I am very pissed.
Oh, and I have been informed that Coach Patty is going to hand out information about dance try-outs next Wednesday. I'm starting to doubt my abilities.
Oh, and a good/stressful thing has happened. President Poseur has let me back into his good graces and asked me to head the hall decorating committee this year. How sweet is that? Very stressful actually.
Yeah, HWSFRN actually brought up the hotel thing again! This time he kept saying that he was letting me win, but I wrestle like a girl...hmmm, I wonder why.... Of course I had to open my big mouth and say, "Oh yeah, I could so take you if I wanted--REMATCH!" He got this huge smile and it scared me.
Beaver, thank you for talking to me. It probably didn't seem like much to you, but that three minute conversation at the end of lunch meant a lot to me. It helps to know I have good friends in such a horrendous school.
Oh well, maybe I'll be in Drama Mentorship if some people cannot be in it, but that is highly doubtful. I just remember how much fun I had last year and I cannot fathom watching everyone else leave class early to attend practices...it will hurt too much.

Maybe I can occupy my time with homework, Homecoming decorations, finding a date for Homecoming, and the dance team. Who am I kidding...a date for Homecoming, yeah right!

Great, this stupid Drama Mentorship thing pops up and my self-confidence vanishes.

2 comments:

think tank said...

well, as the old saying goes, if life gives you lemons, make lemonade. but if life gives you shit, you can't mike shit-ade.

Cassius said...

how does that work out? mary IS LEMONS!! how am i supposed to make lemonade out of her? eh?