"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Beaver and his cookies (insert secret handshake here)

Today was a lot better than yesterday. First of all, The Fool cut first block short so he could listen to Bobby-D's about the 18-point buck that he shot (hickish, I know). Second block was by far better of course. Mr. Peterson locked us all in the chemical storage closet with the lights off so we could eat Wint-O-Greens and watch the sparks. Then he and I started talking and I found out that I'm not the only person who is addicted to Altoids! I really thought I was weird on that one--but he is dependant on them...I'm glad I'm not that far along. Third block was boring as usual, but 4th was absolutely fantastic! I goofed off half the time, but somehow I managed to finish my project and get it in ontime! Mrs. Mollman wanted us to have our binders in, and I was afraid mine wouldn't be completed.

Binder Requirements:

  • Five People You Meet in Heaven Journal
  • Theme from book Journal
  • Admissions Journal
  • Visions Paper
  • Seven quotes (finished today...well, typed anyhow)
  • Two Quote Analysis Papers (finished today)
  • Book Report (finished today)
  • Reflection (finished today)

I was so proud of myself. Then of course after school I totally spaced about my YAC meeting at the library. I remembered at 5:18, but of course it was at 6:00, so I was good. When I arrived at the library, however, NO ONE WAS THERE! I thought I missed it, but I guess it was at 6:30. Jo had a lot of cookies, as usual. Fortunately, only four people showed up to the meeting! Finding Nemit (no typo...I mean it like that), Queen Candidate, and BEAVER!!! lol. I swear Beaver ate somewhere around 12 cookies. I kid you not. Then of course he made up the secret handshake to YAC. We really didn't get a whole lot done during that meeting. We did take a field trip, however, and that rocked. Jo said to spread the word about the grand opening for "Teen Read Week." We're also going to open the Teen Center to the public, although we still have to paint it STRIPES AND POLKA DOTS--COMBINED! Yeah, I have come to the conclusion that Beaver and I should not become designers. Although, what can you expect? Bath Robe graduated (to interior design at UW Madison). Go figure, I remember the meeting we had when we had to design the layout and he got pissed at everyone who contradicted his designing genius.

Oh, I asked about my GPA today in the office. I won't share the number, but I found out that I'm 19th in our class! Funny how I could manage that without trying! This year I'm actually going to try though. Yeah, those of you who are like, geniuses cannot make fun of me (Beaver, you're like, 2nd in your class?) 'cause I said so.

Last night I started stretching myself out for dance. For some odd reason it calmed me down from all the stupid Drama Mentorship stuff and my computer quitting on me. Although, I'm guessing the bowl of ice cream also helped with a lot of it as well. That's okay, I'm happy again (for now).

15 days 'til Homecoming! Woot-woot!

1 comment:

think tank said...

Congratulations to me, the first to comment.

If only I had something to say...