"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Nothing much to say, but nothing else to do

Beaver, you've been on my link list for quite some time--slow are we? Gosh--frickin' idiot! jk.
I'm watching Rose Red right now. Very exciting. I just found out that apparently all day Scifi's been showing Stephen King movies. That makes me sad--I missed the whole day!
I'm quite sick of driver's ed. I mean, it's one of those classes you can only tolerate for around 45 minutes, after that it's just plain torture. Sometimes I think Philly would be better off if we didn't have the block system. Of course then I remember that this may very well be the last year we have it. That thought always makes me sad.
I really hope that the referendum passes. If it doesn't we won't have sports, music or anything else fun. *sigh*
I know for a FACT that my children will not attend a Wisconsin school unless the school system has some drastic changes. I mean, WI schools are second in the nation (according to ACT scores anyhow...generally aren't we like first?) That part is cool and everything, but the whole "cut it if it costs money" thing is total B.S.

On a really good note, I found out like two weeks ago (I kept forgetting to post the good news) that Coach Patty is going to let the dance teams (we're going to have a Varsity and JV) compete this year. The whole try-outs thing is kinda freaking me out, but Soh-Cah-Toa-Helper (Coach Patty's daughter) told me that she knows I'm good enough to be on Varsity--which you can imagine, is quite a comforting thought.

I hate to admit it, but I actually think a few Americans have forgotten what today is.

2 comments:

Cassius said...

shu-up.

i actually think i did see it before, but, like when i realized i was, yea, it was boom. even though i was like that, and i knew it. i just hadnt realized it.



soooooo deep,

beaver

think tank said...

I enjoyed Driver's Ed a lot, but I had some friend's in my class, so it was cool. But this guy happened to have a pocket knife, and he was bored at the end of class and just cut himself and watched himself bleed. Weird fellow...

Block scheduling sounds like a very foreign concept to me. Whoa. I won't even begin on that one.

Oh, and Green Bay lost today. Got b!tch slapped by Detroit. Ow.