"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Monday, November 21, 2005

My dilemma

The past couple of weeks have not been all too fun for me. I have been trying to get over Man-pretty and failing horribly. There are times when I'm thinking of him--I'll just start crying without even realizing.
Last night Man-pretty and I were talking online. Everything was all fun and everything--we were goofing off.
He got all serious on me. He apologized for everything that he's put me through. He even said why he did some of it.

A couple of minutes ago we were walking down the hall together and I felt this overwhelming saddness and joy at the same time.
He is amazing.
I think about the times when he put his arms around me and realize that will never happen again.
I think about the times we held hands and cuddled in the library.
I hate this.
I still love him.
Every day I question if I will ever stop.

2 comments:

dazed&confused said...

Lemons, you sound like an unreal chick. Only time will help you get over him and maybe some closure - perhaps that's what he gave you last night?

think tank said...

recently, I've learned from a close friend of mine that being more emotional and less brainy about the relationship outlook can be healthy. but in this case, the heart is treacherous. "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." doesn't it go like that? don't go for a second round in the emotional ring. you can't afford it.