"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Memories relived on paper as well as in the heart

Okay, so I read Face Paint's comment from yesterday's post and I found it highly amusing and uber true. Here is an ACTUAL blurb from my ACTUAL diary.

September 9th, 2004
"...I put on my sunglasses so no one would be able to see me cry and I started walking home. I caught up with Victim and we walked with some guy named Man-pretty....I think that was his name. He's really quite cute. I told Victim so, and she 'ewwed' at me. She also said he's basically me with a penis. Rather odd thought. I think she was slightly upset because she couldn't cheer me up, but when this dude came up to us and just started cracking jokes I started to laugh and stopped crying.
Anyway, we walked and completely bashed President Poseur for being perfect..."

September 13th, 2004
"Kr!st actually almost talked to me today. I say almost loosely. In real life, she just started yelling at me. That Man-pretty guy I met the other day came up to her and said she shouldn't yell at the freshman because she really didn't know what she was talking about either (haha, she's a junior!). Anyway, he kept teasing me. He walked up to me and started playing his Sousaphone over my head. Very loud--not cool. He's a really nice guy, but he kept looking at me really funny.
I guess he rides Victim's bus...I may have to go over to her house some time in the future;)
Well, that was what I thought until Victim came up to me during lunch and told me that she told him I think he's cute. I feel so embarrassed--I just met this guy and he knows I think he's cute! Victim said that he thinks I'm nuts because apparently no other girl has ever said he was attractive. I don't see how that's possible. He's so freaking cute. Plus he's fantastically nice..."

I didn't even know Man-pretty for a week when I wrote about all that stuff. Those enteries are followed up with "Victim is trying really hard to get me a boyfriend. She asked Man-pretty if he would ever go out with me. He said he doesn't really know me well enough yet (he said yet), but even if he did he has a girlfriend already." Stuff like that.
It's funny reading that thing because there is a very drastic change within the pages. From early June to late August it consisted of "blah blah blah, Grandpa Stick, blah blah," but after Sep. 9th it went "Man-pretty, blah blah." No more mention of Grandpa Stick. I try to relive it in my head and remember how fast I actually fell for Man-pretty. Within a week of my meeting him he pretty much was the basis of my diary. It's like, I read this stuff and I wish it was that simple. The whole getting him to notice me aspect of our relationship now seems like it went smooth...it's the whole getting myself to let go that is the hang-up.

My conclusion--it's going to take a LONG time to get over him. I doubt if it will be any time soon even after he graduates.
BLAH.

3 comments:

think tank said...

glad to know I can still get your funny bone goin' from a few states away, Lemons ;) Of course, there is always that other way you can contact me if you wish...

and yes. it's funny. I probably told you this, but I had a 'live journal' of sorts during the last few months of school, and I wrote dozens of pages front and back, in one of those old school graph Roaring Spring Composition books. A lot of that was about...The Pro. I would analyze the holy heck out of everything she did, and then I realized that it was unhealthy.

Domino said...

What about Friday? No date???

Don't make me cry...i want lemons and man-pretty to live happily-ever-after...even though i don't believe in love. But maybe lemons is different.....?

Sounds kind of stalkerish, Ben.

Cassius said...

nah, its not stalkerish at all. ive overanayzled things all the time, it really is unhealthy. i was just going to say the same thing, lemons, is that your going too far w/ this. take it down a notch. i saw how you were today, and if that has anything to do with MP, well this is definitly related to it, and esp. talking about never getting over him. dont focus on that, dont focus on a new guy. dont focus on anything!