"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Friday, March 24, 2006

So yesterday I posted about how guys aren't a big part of my life right now...

I love how I wrote yesterday's post and actually meant what I wrote, but last night I had a dream about He Who Shall Forever Remain Nameless. I hate it.
There is a mere two weeks to the day until we perform in Madison for the State Forensics Competition. Fun fun.
Red and I may have to miss our first soccer game because we might be leaving Thursday rather than Friday morning at an unbelievably early time. Too bad HWSFRN is going to crash at his sister's apartment for the night rather than spending the night in the hotel with the rest of the team. Loser.

So the unexpected became reality early yesterday morning. I'm sure most of you (which is like thee people...so I know at least two of you know what I'm talking about) know my friend Sir Duct Tape. Yesterday morning he broke up with his girlfriend Glue. I was talking to him about it and he said there were so many things he couldn't deal with anymore. I guess she's already wanting to get back together or something. Talking to him is amusing. I had to inform him that people are going to start betting on when/if they get back together; he wants in on the bet 'cause he knows it's a sure thing he'll win. LOL. That's Sir Duct Tape for you.
He's cool. I thought I may have accidentally creeped him out a lot, but he's cool like that.
He's a volunteer firefighter, and he was talking about how he's not actually allowed to enter a burning building until he's eighteen (he's a fellow sophomore for those of you who do not know), but he can deal with chimney fires or whatever.
Of course I, being the dumbass I am, had to say "That's hot. I'm not going lie to you." He thought he misheard what I said because apparently I'm one of his only chick friends who doesn't think he's drop-dead sexy. The worst part was when I repeated what I said...I couldn't just lie and make something up.
Peanuts was all like, "SOME THINGS WE KEEP IN OUR HEAD, LEMONS!"
The sad truth is that the longer I know him the cuter he does get. Alas, he is one of those guys I think is cute but have no "special" feelings for. Hmmm....there are a lot of those comin' 'round these days.

Yay for cute guys!

1 comment:

think tank said...

same thing for women, but that's the way it is.

I call her by her french name, Marie. She says I'm the only person who does that. w00t.