"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Peanuts lost her cherry

Not exactly how it sounds but close. She had a bottle top thinger that was red and said "cherry," which she ended up losing.
She got incredibly pissed when I stood up and screamed "Okay, who took Peanuts' cherry!" Uggghh, good times.

Anyone want to hear how I embarrassed myself today?

Okay, so I walked all up into band, and Random Freshman and I were talking about something. There was kind of this awkward silence, so I decided to fill it.
Despite the fact I already knew he wasn't going to Prom, I was all like, "Hey, are you going to Prom?"
His response: "NO"
I'm not even sure what I was thinking. I mean, I knew he was going to say no anyway, but the way he said it so loudly it sounded like he was mad or something. So what do I do? I don't just be like, "Oh, why not? You should go!" I was all like "Oh, that's cool" and I ran away.

Yes, I R-A-N away. Sadly, I didn't even finish what I was doing. I just turned and booked out the door leading to the folder room.

I haven't talked to him since.

Oh, but there is a good point to this. Beaver informed me that after this year Random Freshman is going to a prep school.
So I made an ass out of myself, but it's okay 'cause he's leaving. Blah

The thing is I KNEW what his response was going to be.
I can't even imagine what I would feel like if I would have actually asked, "Hey, wanna go to Prom with me?"
Gosh

I feel like such a freaking loser.

1 comment:

think tank said...

Don't fret, my little Lemons. You are no loser.

Sure, things could have been worded differently, but props for having the gusto to talk to him about it. "Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."--Maggie Khun.

And don't worry about awkward silence. In a movie with Uma Thurman, her character said that it's special, 'when two people can just shut the **** up and share a silence.'

be cool.