"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Sunday, January 29, 2006

stuff people should read.

This is my forensics thing this year. It's very different from the ones that I've done in the past. I'm trying to get myself to cry during it--I'm so close.

"Love is a Place"

They laughed. They all laughed at me. All of my supposed friend laughed like I had said some kind of joke. How dare they call themselves my friends.

They found it amusing when I cried because the cafeteria reminded me of you. It was where we had our first kiss. Do you remember, Jack? Of course you don't remember. You can't remember--you're dead! Oh Jack, why did you have to leave? I need you so much right now.

Nobody understands me anymore. They just think I am being dramatic to draw more attention to myself. My parents--my own flesh and blood--say that just because we were fifteen we could not possibly have been in love. But we were. I loved you then and I love you now!

Why did you do it? Whatever it was, you could have talked to me about it. We would have worked something out. That note you left to console me didn't do much. The police had to take it because it was considered a suicide note. It doesn't matter anyhow. I still remember what it said--how could I forget your last words to me?

Dear Emma,
I love you, but there are some things even love can't conquer. I have problems you couldn't even imagine, and I don't want you getting involved. This has nothing to do with you, so please don't blame yourself. Even if you were here, there is nothing you could do to stop me. My mind is made up and I know what I have to do.
I'll always love you,
Jack

What do you mean there's nothing I could have done? I know if I had been there that afternoon things would have turned out differently--you would still be here with me. Jack, my heart is breaking. You made me realize that I was special and important. You needed me to be there for you, but I wasn't. I could have been there holding your hand and talking you out of it.

Everything that happened in my life before I met you is meaningless. Everything that has happened since your suicide has been hell.

What does it matter that we were only fifteen and in love? Is there a specific age to fall in love? Who's to say that soul mates that meet before age 21 can't possibly fall in love?

It doesn't matter what they say about our relationship. I know it was real and so do you--that's all that really matters.

I miss everything about you, Jack. You can't imagine how difficult it has been without you. My best friend in the whole world, the one person that I could tell anything to, is gone. Gone forever.

I never in a lifetime saw it ending this way. I imagined us getting married some day and having a life together. You know the saying you always hurt the one syou love? Well, I see just how true it is. I know that youloved me despite all of my flaws, yet still you hurt me in the worst way possible. You left.

When you were here, I felt like I belonged to the world. Now that you're gone, I'm a lonely soul without a guide on the path of life, and without you I'm lost.

Jack, I can't deal with this anymore. I know it's only been a month, and everyone says that it will get easier, but I know it doesn't apply to me. It'll nevr get any easier; it will only get harder. Every morning I wake up from a dream that is your face smiling down on me, and every morning I am faced with the fact I will never see your beautiful blue eyes ever again.

You are the only person who could have ever understood any of this, Jack. My love for you was what kept me going, but it's getting harder with everyone saying it wasn't real lofe. I'm tired of defending our love to countless c ritics. Love kept me going, and now, in the end, it's also what's tearing me apart.

I was down when we met, and your love helped me. I can't live without your love, so it's now clear what I have to do. Juliet said to Romeo, "and all my fortunes at thy foot I'll lay, and follow thee my lord throughout the world." Now it's my turn to follow you throught the world or rather the afterworld.

I don't care where we are as long as we're together, and the only way we can be together is in death. I don't know why it took me so long to finally see it.

In your note you said that there was nothing that I could do to stop you. Now, there's nothing you can do to stop me.

They say that it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. I loved and I lost you, but I'm going to get you back. I'm going t omake up my own saying now. Love is the place where two troubled souls meet and become perfectly harmonious as one. In that place, nothing matters. Not age, race, religion, or anything. That, Jack, is where I met you.

So what do all you people think? I like it. I've never done a serious monologue before, so it's a major step away from my previous performances which I totally rocked up. It's really a different challenge to do a performance that's serious. Pretty much

Yeah, here's a poem that I like. I'm not sure why I like it, I guess I just do.

Blue eyes watch me from contacts clear,
Mocking and laughing they bring a tear.
A hand outreached pushed far away.
Tears trickle from the words that slay.

Who am I to you?
A girly barely seen through your eyes so blue.
I'm the girl who hears your laugh and falls apart
with the sound of a broken heart.

You can't see much.
You're a man with no view.
All you see is a sterotype.
A sterotypical you.

Remorse flickers across those eyes.
It's then I come to realize
I hate you.
I trust you.
I love you.
I loathe you.

Can you ever be all this to me?
Alas, you are my enemy.

Falling so low.
Doubting thoughts.
Questioning you.

Bring back some sense for me to find.
Make me yours and I'll be fine.

Call me loser.
Call me lover.
Give me shelter so I can cover.

I ask this once
I implore a million more.
Let my hand find yours
in the dark of this world
Will you hold me and never let go?

I have never been more at ease
with your hateful, blissful peace.

2 comments:

Lemons said...

Whoa, did you just call my category prose? I'm in solo-acting, fool! I don't cheat and read from a paper--I have that entire blasted thing memorized!

Haha, joking, prose isn't cheating. I just don't like the whole paper-as-prop deal. I like using my hands.
I'm a solo-acting kinda fool. Heck yes.

Lemons said...

I <3 Dora.

Uggghh, we get our registration material in about an hour. Can you believe we're already registering for junior year? wtf?

We only have two days (rather than the typical week) to figure out next year's schedule and our 4-year plan. What a freaking rip off.

I wish we would have had a snow day today--if 6 inches of snow isn't enough then what exactly is?