"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sign language Beaver style

I now know a few words in sign language thanks to Beavs. I will not share what those words are for fear my mom reads this post. I laughed all the way to English.

I walked into the band storage room and attempted to have a serious conversation with HWSFRN. It started out great--somehow he called me a whore and a lesbian at the same time, but it was actually funny. Yeah, he dumped Flute yesterday, so I was going to "subtly hint" that I like him (in other words, outright tell him). I had a vague idea of what I was going to say, but when we started talking it went downhill from there. Luckily Varsity came in and stole his cork grease, so I left.

During lunch I found out there was a forensics meeting after school today. I guess it was announced this morning, but I have The Fool for homeroom, so half the time I don't even know if the P.A. system is on or not.
Anyway, I finished with lifeguard training and headed toward Mr. Feurer's office. Let me stress the point that my hair was soaking wet and I had no makeup on. I turned the corner through door and who's the first person I see? If you guessed HWSFRN you get a makebelieve cookie. I sat next to him and I swear we were acting like little girls. More people arrived and the meeting actually started. He and I were just sitting in the corner giggling to ourselves. It started out with an actual conversation, but somehow we just started making noises (oddly enough I knew EXACTLY what he was trying to say and he did as well). Mr. Fuerer just looked at us funny as we continued to laugh about nothing. I said the word "van" and we both started going "doink, doink, doink"...no one else really gets it, but it was immensely funny. The dates of competition were passed out and HWSFRN announced that he's taking his ACTs the same day as State. I haven't been this sad in a long time. I was having a lot of fun just goofing off with him and stuff. It reminded me of why I like him.
He and I walked back down to the high school (Mr. Fuerer's office is in the M.S.) together and discussed last year at Madison. He was talking about how he and Betty's brother are the only upper classmen on the team and that I "kinda" know what I'm doing. I pointed out the fact that I went to State as a freshman and he did not....fun fun.
Now here's the weird part--
He went into the office and I continued down sophomore hall. I was at my locker talking to Roll Around and he came up from behind me carrying all his stuff from junior hall. If you've ever been to PHS you'd know that the easiest route from the office to junior hall is straight through sophomore hall. However, HWSFRN did not use that route. He must have gone down senior hall, through freshmen, and then to junior. When he turned around the corner into sophomore he looked surprised to see I was still at my locker. Did he go all the way around the school to avoid me? Blah

I was pondering this all at dance practice (held in the auditorium booya!) New York was drilling us on tumbling and what not today, so it was cool. I used to be really good at throwing myself around and crap but not anymore. My first attempt landed me on the stage laying on my side. I did a cartwheel fairly well, but when it came to the round-off New York told me to do it again. I again got in line and hurled myself over the wooden floor. She started laughing and said, "Why is it that you can't do a simple round-off, but you can do a back-hand spring like it's nothing?" Apparently whenever I try to do a round-off I twist a little too much and land it like a back-hand spring. Rather cool considering the fact I'm the only one on the team who can do one!

2 comments:

think tank said...

I shall have a fight to the death with HWSFRN!

Anonymous said...

mari, i did it...i finally broke down and started writing who is who...evetually i will figure everyone out ! lol!! i only know a few!-jade doesnt feel like signing in...sorry