"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Friday, February 18, 2005

Party Hardy

There's a dance tonight...aren't you excited? This supposed to be Valentine's Dance is only the second we've had all year (Homecoming obviously the first). Yay to our school not having any money!

I swear, like only four people are going to be there. Mr. C asked his 4th Block Geometry class who was all goin' (he and Mr. P are the chaperognes), and I was the only one who raised my hand. Wonderful.

I'm spendin' the night at Pink Piggy's 'cause my dad really doesn't want to be out past 11. Her mom's takin' me us to the school in the morning where we will board a luxurious school bus and enjoy the 15 minute ride to our Sub-District Forensics Meet.

Then on Monday, all the nonslacking band/choir students will board yet another bus (this time at 6:45 am) and ride 20 minutes in the other direction for Solo and Ensemble. That one should be interesting given I can't play half the notes in my solo. Mr. K expects Brass and Percussion Ensemble to go to State. Our Low Brass Choir is another story however. We practiced in the folder room for like, half an hour today. It was great. People kept whackin' Man-pretty with the door as they were tryin' to come in. Finally, someone moved one of the shelves so the door couldn't open. At one point someone on the other side couldn't comprehend that the door just wasn't opening and Man-pretty screamed "NO" at it. I was attempting to play at the time which made it increasingly difficult as everyone found it hilarious.

Wish my luck with all my exciting adventures over the weekend!
Especially the dance, I'm not sure if a certain guy I asked out last week will be there.

No comments: