"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Monday, July 31, 2006

"Those stupid blobs you kids have now-a-days."

For those of you who weren't aware, I was at camp last week...hence the reason my blog remained silent.

It was great. The cabin I was in started to bond like, instantly. Sadly, I was the oldest girl (besides the counselor) in the cabin.

Through the week, I kept getting reminded of stuff from home... At one night chapel the speaker just went off on a random tangent (he reffered to them as commercials) on teenagers and technology. The post title is a quote of his I had to steal considering the fact he was reffering not to a blob, but a blog. It made me giggle.

Yeah, so this guy always came to breakfast like every day wearing guitar pants things...and I just kept thinking that was something Man-pretty would wear.

Two girls in my cabin were from River Falls...and I was all like, "My Dora is from River Falls!!!" So Dora, if you're reading this, I'm gonna set you up to get all up on them...they're freshman. lol

So, one of the girls from River Falls had a hat that said "RF." Stupid initials. I just laughed and thought of Random Freshman.

Of course the true kicker was when I walked into the cabin and heard "I sleep with Beaver every night."
To quote Beaver himself....BUSH
She had a stuffed beaver that sat on her pillow. It had clothes and everything...well, it wasn't wearing pants....
It kept staring at me. That beast had a large tail.

Okay, so there was this guy.
I walked up to the carpet ball tables to talk to this chick...well, this guy just started talking to me. I never did understand him when he said his name, but I do know he was from Hudson. Anyway...he asked me if I wanted to see how much he sucked at carpet ball.
I was just like...sure.
He chucked the ball and got one in on the other side.
He laughed and said it was pure luck. Then he closed his eyes, turned around, and threw the ball sideways.
Three more balls went in.
Then Hudson boy felt the need to explain that he WASN'T trying to show off and he wasn't trying to hit on me or anything.
I couldn't stop laughing.
I announced that I was leaving and left.
However, it didn't end there 'cause we played Mission Impossible in the woods a couple nights later.

I learned how to play Wah. These two guys who kept screaming "Do you lika da juice? I lika da juice." taught it to me. ...Of course they also started playing invisible 'sack after that. Amusing.

Yeah, so last year I only gave my phone number/address to one guy...who never called or wrote me.
So he managed to hurt himself during Mission Impossible Woods Style...we were sitting up in the nurse's office thinger for 20 minutes talking about stupid stuff. At the end of the week he asked me for my phone number and address again. I'm not expecting him to do anything.

Good times.

1 comment:

think tank said...

bloodless surgery is quite the healthier way to go, but to each their own, eh?

but to the post.

I guess going away to camp explains your surprise to my updates. Dancing is great, and all the more so if the girls are pretty.

Did anybody wear plaid pants, in-lieu of guitar pants? Plaid pants rock. I suggest you get a pair if you don't already have them.

Seems that the random guy was hitting on you.