"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Badger Clan

Volunteering today. There were no dudes...Beaver and Grandpa Stick crapped out...except for after the program ended, Grandpa Stick was actually IN the library...loser.

Since Beaver was not present, I pimped it out with his little sister. She would do something, and in my head I was thinking "Beaver would do that"...no joke. I have named her Badger; she and I were in the "Badger Clan."

We were playing "Four Corners" or w/e...there were 4 animals: scorpion, crab, lion, and badger. I was the badger...basically I just stood there holding a stuffed badger in which I later discovered was a pupet thingy. Oh I had fun with that. Badger was all like, I want to be an animal...so she joined me. This little girl sat by us and started hitting me with her crab...it was so cute.

We have an age limit...today's was 4-7. This girl and her sister put their age down on a piece of paper as 9 and 8. I was the bouncer, along with Badger, so I served them up and kicked them out. They were all bitchy about it too! I just wanted to scream "get out my library, fool!"

Ju Freaking Wolf was there...we pimped it out afterwards in the "Adult section"...mystery, to be exact.

1 comment:

think tank said...

the last paragraph of the post intrigues me the most...

er...

my county was under tornado warnings for about an hour and a half last night. stupid sirens and panic. stupid small tornadoes that touched down briefly. all crazy.

anyway.

Blue October...I've heard their disc described as "confessional." Seems kind of bleak, but, to each their own.