"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Thursday, April 06, 2006

We won!

Chuck of the Day:
"Chuck Norris uses tobassco sauce for visine."

So we won our first soccer game seven to five. For those of you who don't play soccer, that is a lot of points. It was a really good game. Bayfield scored the first goal like three minutes in, we scored, we scored again, they scored, we scored, they scored, we scored, they scored, they scored, we scored, we scored, and we scored again. (I think that's right...)
Coach Desotelle was yellow carded nine minutes into the game by Soukup. Soukup holds a grudge against our team, so he kept making these crap calls on us and not on the other team.

I was sitting out on bench when a couple of Bayfield's points were scored. One of them was scored on off-sides and another was even better:
our goalie had the ball, but a player from the other team knocked into her, so she dropped the ball. The girl on the other team hit the ball WITH HER HAND, and it made a goal. Was it called, no because Soukup said he didn't have "the right" to call because it was the other ref's area. Pfff.

I'm proud to say I managed to get some stains on my jersey from taking some falls in the mud. *woot woot*

I'm excited to leave for state tomorrow! Pink Piggy and I made little locker poster/sign thingers for each member of the team; I'm really surprised some people actually hung them on their locker and left them there. *cough HWSFRN cough*

Uggghh, I should probably go pack and ice my ankles.

1 comment:

think tank said...

I think soccer is much more of a participation sport, compared to a spectator sport. Great fun to play, but, sorry to say, not so fun to watch.

Congrats on the win.