"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Spending time online

So I was very bored, so I was just looking up stupid stuff online. I learned quite a bit about Meat Loaf...like he actually hates meat loaf; figure that one out. Franz Ferdinand was formed with the band members just kinda sitting around a kitchen saying "We should learn how to play some instruments."

The odd facts that are not quite so odd that I stumbled across.

Okay, so I'm not going to lie to you people...I used to, and still do, LOVE the Spice Girls. They were the first music I went out of my way to listen to. I had everything Spice Girls. Seriously, I had the movie, like 4 posters, cassettes (should probably get the CD versions now that I think about it), T-shirts, shoes, school supplies, the video game, and all that other fun stuff.
I thought the fact they had a movie was the coolest thing in the world. Now the three of you who read this are probably going "what the hell is she talking about?"

Well, Meat Loaf is my favorite singer. He was in Spice World; he played Dennis.

Rocky Horror Picture Show is my favorite movie. Richard O'Brien, who plays Riff Raff (and also wrote the screenplay, lyrics, and music for both the movie and play versions) is in Spice World; he plays Damien.
My favorite show is House. Hugh Laurie, who plays House, is in Spice World; he plays Poirot.

Maybe it's not that big of deal, but I think it's all kinda funny that they're all tied together. Then again, maybe I am crazy.

This is what useless facts you learn from spending time online.

3 comments:

think tank said...

*vomits when reading Spice Girls references*

think tank said...

Not that I hate the spice girl, per se, but in elementary school, I was bombarded with their music during the jump rope team practices, and I have naturally grown to be repulsed by their stuff.

What's her name...one of them is married to Beckham. Was it "Posh"?

Lemons said...

Oh I bet if I tried hard enough I could do the 10 steps to Kevin Bacon thing. :P

Haha, Posh was always my favorite. She's freaking awesome 'cause I said so.