"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

LIBRARY KICKOFF!!!

I carted myself to the Municipal Building at like, quarter to twelve to help set up for the big shindig. Beaver and Mr. Hendricks, the library coordinator dude or w/e, were out front and I didn't even recognize Beavs. I was just like, hmmm.

I was so excited to see Ju Freaking Wolf and Beaver...plus a few other people who just make me laugh. So people showed up and we blew up balloons. I am pretty much the balloonmaster because of all the freaking balloon orders that come through at work. I took a hit of helium and for once my voice matched my height. Quite amusing. After rubbing a balloon in Grandpa Stick's hair I have dubbed him a woman. Seriously, he spent the rest of the day pushing it back like I had actually messed it up. w/e.

Jo wanted somebody to take the tank of helium back to IGA, so I grabbed the stupid cart thinger. Beaver pretty much took over after we got through the door. For some reason, he decided to desert his shoes, so I was walking down the street with a shoeless Beaver pushing a tank of helium. Of course when we reached the store, the shoeless thing became an issue. Metzo Piano kicked us out. *sigh*

Beaver's sister was there for reasons I will not go into for fear of upsetting the Beaver. She clearly does not carry the way of the Beaver in her blood. She was holding these balloons and I reached across the table for them--she just stared at me...then handed them to me, but wouldn't let go after a while.

There were a few slacker people who just stood there while the others did stuff. Uggghh. One girl was incredibly late. She showed up like, 15 minutes before the whole deal started...despite the fact we were supposed to be there an hour early.
Okay, so this girl....Idk what to call her, but yeah. When we were at state, Random Freshman told me he liked this girl. While I was at the thing, I just kept looking at her and thinking that I'll never be her. I would never want to be her. She fits nearly every stereotype, that I can think of, of a teenage girl .
I wasn't going to be all like, "Oh, I'm going to be a bitch to her." For some reason she was being a bitch to me. When she walked in, late, she walked over to the raffle table I was working at with Ju Freaking Wolf. She was all like, "Oh hi JFW, hi Beaver, hi blah blah blah." I was all like, "I guess I don't merrit a hello." So when I just said he she turned around.

When we were cleaning up the chairs and tables, I grabbed two chairs, walked to the cart, and put them on. I guess she felt the need to act like I had just done something horrible. The other volunteers were leaving, so I grabbed the other end of the table cart to HELP her. I suggested that we turn it my way to get it in easier. She decided to make it a big deal and refuse. Of course we hit the wall and she made it seem like it was my fault. That cart is now shoved over in the corner of the fence rather than in the empty spot it should be in because she didn't want to turn it.

Maybe I was just seeing things that were not there...Or maybe she just hates me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This zfles must be a chick or something.

Sorry guys, I haven't been allowed on the net for about a month, which is like, forever, and I felt I had to write.

Beaver's an idiot.