"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Thursday, November 30, 2006

A wonderful day followed by...well, this

Yesterday totally rocked hardcore. No joke. I don't remember much except drama mentorship. Well, it turned out like 7 people dropped out like, right before our dress rehearsal. Stupid.
Yeah.
So I think I did really well...except the two "men in black" who were supposed to come in and carry me off stage kinda missed the cue I gave them...they picked up eventually though.
I loved Beaver's dirt.
I'm pretty sure Shop Buddy didn't know his lines.

So after our play (the very first one) I went in back and ran the lights from the little booth thinger. Yeah, I couldn't hear anything in there. I had to actually pay attention to know when to hit the blackouts.
Yeah, so Beavs and RF were MCing. Best thing ever.
So during dress rehearsal, I was watching them do their little things. There was one where Beaver hypnotized Random Freshman and then had him jump and stuff.

So during the actual performance, I was watching out the window, but I didn't see RF doing any stupid stuff.
Then he bitch-slapped Beaver and ran off stage.
I HEARD the slap all the way up in the booth thinger. I couldn't hear people's lines, but I could hear the sound of Beaver being slapped.
I couldn't stop laughing.

I loved the whole makeup stuff. It was great. Seriously, there were girls who didn't trust themselves putting on their own eyeliner, so I was running around just doing that.
Then I got to the guys.
I did Beaver's eyeliner...that boy couldn't keep his eyes open.
I did Random Freshman's eyeliner...he was afraid I was going to "stab his contact out."
...Then I did HWSFRN's. He didn't want to wear any, but Gloria said he had to :P

I told him he looked pretty and he gave me the finger. He did look pretty, though.
Not man-pretty like Man-pretty, but just...pretty.

Poor Random Freshman...while he and I were talking backstage, a freshman chick walked up to him and said he looked like a girl. Yeah, he does have high cheek bones, rosy cheeks, and pretty blue eyes, but it's still cute.

The best part? I got pictures. I threatened HWSFRN that I was going to put them all on my MySpace to share with the world. Oh yeah.
I can't wait to get them developed :P...yeah, I'm still a loser who uses disposable cameras.

Hmmm...I told Mr. Peterson about HWSFRN in makeup. He just laughed. When HWSFRN walked into class Mr. P said something about his red cheeks. Great fun.

Oh, Mr. Peterson shaved off his beard....he doesn't look like a pedophile (sp?) anymore. Seriously, he looked scary.

Yeah, compared to yesterday, today sucked hardcore.

1 comment:

think tank said...

Ah...the thespian folk. Have you ever masticated with a thespian? Highly recommended.

I guess that would have been funny about 3 years ago. Anyway.

Are these actual productions, or just things for class? My old high school's theater program is exceptional, so keep that in mind the next time you're in the neighborhood.

Pics seem intriguing. This blog needs some dirt.