"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Too much cheese

I had a very strange realization yesterday. You see, I was eating lasagna (which had quite a bit of cheese in it already) and without realizing it, I started to add even more cheese. I sat down with a glass of milk and enjoyed my dairy-rich meal.
Then tonight, we went out to the bowling alley where I ordered one of my two usuals. Since I am one of those few people who could eat the same thing day after day, I usually get grilled cheese with cheese curds or a cheese burger with cheese curds. Hmmmm...I'm noticing a lot of cheese/milk/ice cream in my diet.
Although I was not born in this great(ish) state, I fear I have adapted to the status of a true Wisconsinite *gasp*.
I had a quick skim over what my friends eat during the typical lunch time at school. Victim eats (every day) a small bag of Cheetos dipped in nacho cheese, Man-pretty used to eat a bologna sandwich with a side of nacho cheese but now prefers anything with a side of ice cream. Pretty much everyone else eats nachos, ice cream, and a milk shake......
I have come to the conclusion that I will be a good person and come up with a 12-step dairy program. I mean, there's one for just about everything else.

Step 1: Realize you have a problem.
Step 2: Go to your fridge and count the number of dairy products within.
Step 3: Find a budy so you both can overcome the situation together.
Step 4: Every time you pass any type of cattle avert your eyes.
Step 5: Start picking off small amounts of cheese from your food.
Step 6: Add any flavoring to your milk as to avoid the natural flavor.
Step 7: Find replacement toppings for cheese.
Step 8: Buy a nice, greasy pizza and eat the entire thing without squeegying the grease off the cheese beforehand.
Step 9: Take a gimungous whif of limburger cheese.
Step 10: Stock up on chocolate. Even though milk is the main ingredient, you can barely tast it.
Step 11: Support Fabio and start buying "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter."
Step 12: Never stop the consumption of ice cream. You started out this program as an addict, so the complete removal of dairy from your system would be both unhealthy and unwise.

I've been thinking of a lot of things lately. Seriously, Man-pretty told me that he seriously thinks I have ADD.
Anyway, so on Monday, I was talking to Victim online when none-other then Whelk Boy signed in. I have not talked to him since......Homecoming when I had to comfront him with the rumors he was starting. I talked to him--he hasn't changed a bit. I just have one question--WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!? He is very rude. He actually dared to bring up his relationship with Pink Piggy. Somehow he believes she still likes him. Then Man-pretty came online...I swear it was like attack of the ex-boyfriends or something!
I was just reading some of my old posts and I found the one I wrote when Man-pretty and Whelk Boy were playing football. The best thing ever happened and somehow I had forgotten about it until I read it. Whelk Boy had the ball and Man-pretty tackled the crap out of him! Ahhhh...the memories of freshman year!
It's July. It's two months 'til September. In September I turn 15 1/2....which is exactly 56 days until I can get my temps! The Fool better be prepared--he's my homeroom teacher, so I already warned him about how I almost ran over the dog, hit the garage, and cut my leg when I was trying to park the riding lawnmower. However, he is the driver's ed. teacher, so he should know how to teach me (learn me as Sir would say) how to drive properly.
I leave for camp Sunday. I am very excited!!!
I think this post is long enough.....

1 comment:

think tank said...

Attack of the Ex-Boyfriends can be made into a cheesy (ha hah, pun that!) B-movie. I wouldn't pay to see it, but I'd get the book, or in this case, the blog.

Oh, and trust me, when it comes to thinking, you can overdo it. You'll drive yourself mad with theories and possibilities. It's terrible.

Enjoy camp. That's Sunday...the same day The Pro leaves for California...