"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Napkin eating contests and other goodies

I came back from camp this afternoon! It was sweet. Before I went I automatically assumed I was a Christian. Well, Thursday morning I really was saved and now feel better about myself.
Cabin 8 was sweet! I'm not sure if I can come up with nicknames at the moment, but I'm going to try. Let's see...first off, there was Cell Phone, Wang Chung, Tangled Hair...and I'm still pondering some other names. So don't feel left out!
I'm talking to Man-pretty right now. I think he's more comfortable around me and stuff now. Not many guys would say some of these things to their ex-girlfriends. He and I are talking like we did when we dated, which is a good thing because we always joked around about music and movies. He's currently telling me about Top Gun.
I'm really tired right now.
As for that certain guy who needs a nickname. I have come up with one. It's not very clever or anything, but it was something that reminded me of you while I was at camp. I promise that if I can come up with a better one, it will replaced. For now, you are known as Gunnar. It just so happens to be a very weird story, so it's best if you do not ask why.
So far, four people have come online that were in my cabin. It's sweet. I should really go. I just had a weird thought: If I was still at camp I'd be getting out of Chapel and heading for cabin devotions which would probably last until 2:00 in the morning.
As soon as I got home I hugged my non-plastic mattress. It will feel good not to sleep on a sleeping bag on top of a plastic mattress that is incased in more plastic!

1 comment:

think tank said...

It's been years since I've graced a camp with my presence. 6th grade, to be exact, which was over 6 years ago. How sad that life goes by so quickly. I went twice that year, and did a bit of pranking. Yeah, I was one hardcore 11/12 year old!