"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Monday, June 27, 2005

A bit weirded out on this one

So I was at the library the other day and I saw that Louise Rennison has released yet another installment to the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series. How kick ass is that? As I sat lounging around reviewing each of the fabulous books in the series I found something quite weird.
You have to understand that it's been a few years since I've read Angus, Thongs, and Full-frontal Snogging so I cannot remember exactly what happened. What I remember is this:
Georgia is introduced to this handsome, sweet guy through her best friend. Obviously, she falls for him immediately. This guy, whom she soon nick-names Sex God, sings and plays the guitar in a band named The Stiff Dylans. Unfortunately, Sex God has a girlfriend, so Georgia spends a lot of her time trying to get Sex God to notice/like her. Now, since he was 17 and she 15 he questions it at first. However, in the end he breaks up with his girlfriend and later asks out Georgia.
Yeah, there is a lot of other stuff also in the book, but this is a brief synopsis of what I recall. Some of this seems really familiar--not all of it, but certain parts. I kinda realized this last night when I was talking to Man-pretty and telling him all about the books....
For those of you who care, it seems like nothing happened. Neither of us brought up the conversation we had Wednesday and I don't think it's going to be discussed any more. This of course, is a good thing because it was resolved.
I actually found it easier to converse with him. :D

No comments: