"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Sunday, June 05, 2005

My brochure for Philly

So I was thinking about what I think about when I think of Philly. This place is nothing but a tourist attraction. I promise myself right now that I will not live here and become one of the many people who work at Plastics or Marquip. I have nothing against the people who work there, but it's just not for me. I can't see why anyone would want to stay here, honestly. It's great for the tourists because they come for a week or so and see whatever they want to. I'm sure if they stayed here any longer they'd start picking up on the lack of things to do here.

Here is what I would put into a brochure if I had to make one:
"Oh, come snowmobiling on the wonderfully groomed trails that lead to many bars! You can spend your nights locking yourself in a horrible hotel that prides itself on having HBO. The hotel is located across the street from the water/sewage treatment plant. Of course, you cannot forget the fragrent smell of the paper company that sits near one of our many polluted lakes!"

I don't know why I'm bitching so much, I just am. If I have offended anyone who loves it here I am very sorry. I do not care for this town very much. As soon as I graduate I'm going to go off to college and only come back to visit my parents. Maybe then I'll enjoy it more. I'll have the same perspective as the tourists.

No comments: