"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Sunday, June 19, 2005

The not so doomerific doomsday

I have always said that if Man-pretty was a chick, he would be pretty. I now have proof. You see, I have met the female version of him who is quite pretty--her name is Mrs. Man-pretty...better known as Man-pretty's mother. I have also met Not-so-pretty, Man-pretty's father and Short-and-pretty, his sister.
Yes, you're probably wondering why I never had a post entitled "Crap! Time to meet his parents!" I too am wondering where that post was. The thing is, Man-pretty came over to my mom's yesterday. My mom left (he he, we were alone) and we watched Troy and Napoleon Dynamite (which he had NEVER seen before). We had dinner at my place and his dad called. Now, I was wondering "Why would Man-pretty's dad be calling now when he doesn't have to be home for another hour and a half?" Well, he called to ask if I would be interested in going to a little get-together with them and some friends out at Solberg.
I almost threw up my greasy grilled cheese sandwich right there. I have imagined myself meeting his family for quite some time, but I never figured I would be caught off guard.
It took a very short forever to arrive at the park/lake. The speed limit out there is only 30 mph (later down to 10 mph) so he kept driving into the ditch to freak me out (asshole) because he KNOWS I am scared of cars.
Well, once we finally arrived we spent 20 minutes walking around the park looking for people I was yet to know. Once we finally found them tucked way back in a campsite neither of us knew existed I was confronted with his parents. The shocking thing was they knew what my name is, how old I am, how tall I am, plus a whole lot of other stuff Man-pretty had apparently told them.
Mrs. Man-pretty, who I've been told is slightly "picky" with people, welcomed me and gave Man-pretty and I a bag of chips. Not-so-pretty, who was slightly drunk, kept taking pictures of his son and I being attacked by small children. Even when we weren't covered in toddlers he kept snapping away pictures. At one point he wanted to get a picture of us kissing--then Mrs. Man-pretty started laughing and said, "I've never seen Man-pretty turn that red!" What was even better was when another guy was like, "Yeah, but he's not as red as Lepregnome!"
I didn't talk to Short-and-pretty, but she did offer me a warm smile and said hi. She was also covered in small children most of the time.
Man-pretty drove me home and on the way we talked about our relationship. We had a similar talk about us the other day, only that talk wasn't as good. You see, lately, our conversations have been empty and unimportant. I told him that we needed a day TOGETHER to fix that. It worked because now it's easier to talk again. GOSH I LOVE HIM!!!

No comments: