"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Totally haven't posted in forever

Well, I was at camp for a week, so that kinda explains why.
Oh, and for those of you who don't know...I moved. Yay! My dad broke up with his girlfriend and we moved out like 2 weeks ago.
But we don't have a computer anymore...so I can only post at my mom's house :(

Anyway.

Story time.

So about...oh, I'd say a little over a month ago Aeropostale and I went out for lunch and then hung out in his garage for a while.
Well, when we were in his garage I noticed there were quite a few bikes. And he pointed out a bright orange one that he said he rides. I looked at the bike and saw a pink helmet with baby-blue polk-dots sitting next to the bike and said something along the lines of "is that yours too?"
Then we both giggled.

So...you might be asking yourself why this has anything to do with anything.
Well...I got called into work on Tuesday morning. So I was driving down the road and I saw this guy on a bike. I didn't pay attention to who it was (nor could I see who it was...I wasn't wearing my glasses :O)...but as I got closer the guy on the bike started waving very frantically.
So I figured I knew the guy.
I stopped at a stop-sign and waved back at the guy.
Then I realized who it was.

Dr. Trochinski (Aeropostale's dad) riding the bright orange bike WEARING the pink helmet.
So I waved and he waved...and I turned the corner and parked. I was laughing so hard I did not trust myself to be driving anymore. So I laughed for a while, put my car in gear, and drove the rest of the way to work.

When I got home from work I looked at the caller ID and saw that Aeropostale had called. So I called him back and said that I saw his dad on a bike.
His response: "Was he wearing that dumb helmet?" And then he went on to tell me that he's been trying to convince his dad to get a new one for a while.

Good times.

1 comment:

think tank said...

hahah. I think it's awesome that being older allows for more eccentricity.

Congrats on the move! cool stuff. Although it can be pretty stressful.

You're right, I had never heard of that college. lol. Thanks for stopping by again. Truth be told, I'm working on another blog, too, and when I'm ready, I'll make the link available. So far, Caitlin has been the only reader. I'll let you in on the loop ok? I'll send you an email.