"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Because customers suck

Some customers are just stupid.
Seriously.
Like...there are ALWAYS the people who get up to the check-out counter and wait until the line behind them is very long and then realize they forgot something. So they usually go to the very back of the store and take forever.
Now tell me, would this same customer do this at Wal-mart or a grocery store?

Then of course there is the customers that walk up to the register that has a "This register is closed--please use next register" sign...PUSH the sign away, and then expect someone to check them out.
Are you that dumb?

Then some people go one step further. There will be a long, long line, but some customers will take their entire cart, take down the "closed" sign and then put all their stuff up there.
Now what am I supposed to do? Go over and help them when there are people actually waiting in line?

Idiots.

This lady came in today. She brought in her own mylar balloon she wanted blown up.
Cost of blowing up a balloon not ours: $ .75
Then she also wanted to buy one of our mylar balloons, but she did not wish to have it blown up.
Cost of mylar balloon with/without helium: $1.25

This woman KEPT exlaining to me what she wanted.
She expected that if she bought one of our balloons, she could just get hers filled for free.
It doesn't work that way!

So she gets pissed when I tell her it's $2.00 in balloons. So she's all like, "I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Is there someone else I can talk to?"
So I call up Debbie. Debbie just gave in and told me to fill up her damn balloon.

Then I went on break...and I figured this woman would be gone when I came back.
She wasn't.

And guess what...she's one of the people who count their stuff as they put it on the counter. This is okay with me...Except when they do it aloud.
So I'm trying to count *3...4...5...*
And she's going *11...12...13*

Now, doing this just increases the chance that I will mess up and over-charge you.

I was really surprised when she didn't hold up her 4 for $1.00 items and tell me how much they were.

I hate it when people do that. Every time someone tells me how much something costs I really want to respond with "Yes, I know...I work here."

2 comments:

think tank said...

I feel your pain, Lemons my dear. Customers do suck. They feel that because one is in a service position that it entitled them to basically crap on such ones.

You know what also drives me nuts? When people go to registers that have unlit numbers above them, since they see the last customer getting checked out, they assume they can squeeze by, too. Thank God I don't deal with that.

Kudos on keeping sane! =)

Cassius said...

work sucks, thats for sure. thats why i write articles