"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Well those are some words I don't want to hear...

Seriously, there are certain words that can crush a dancer's spirit.

Those words:

"I'm going to break you."
*What coaches want you to belive it means:
"I'm going to give you a little boost
so you can improve yourself both
physically and mentally."
*What it really means:
"I am going to literally snap your
muscles until you can bend into a
shape humans are not meant to
be able to achieve. You will be so
limber your bones will turn to rubber."

I'm probably the most flexible person on the team. Sadly, this is not good enough. No. Because our competition coach has decided she is going to "make the most of me." Blah.

She started asking me if I could do a whole bunch of things. Well, she got to The Scorpion. Snap.


This is a not-so-dramatic depiction of what a scorpion looks like. Basically, you grab your foot, and pull it up behind your head so your body makes the shape of a "P"...or a backwards P depending on how you're standing. It hurts like a beast.
So I can bring my foot up to my shoulder...then those hideous words of "I'm going to break you." I swear I could hear muscles rip.
Blah. So that should be exciting and painful.
The good news is that our comp. coach is showing us how to do more technical stuff so our team doesn't suck so much anymore. I can do fortes, double piroettes (I butched the spelling), leap axles, and I can almost do the spinny axles. Score.
Hmm. I love dancing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't read some of the lines on your blog...

Cassius said...

yea. what the fuck. your blog just changed. where is the pink that is so well-known as the Leprognome. Where. WHERE