"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Monday, August 07, 2006

Nobody loves a gnome

Okay, so I would post some song lyrics, but I don't want to...so I'll just describe the song.

The song starts out by the dude saying that in all the chaos of his world the only light is this chick.
He really likes her and crap.

The chorus comes and he says that she's playing a "Wicked Game" (name of the song) because she forced him to dream of her and to care for her so much.
She's not interested in him--at all.
He thought she was and claims that she's a douchebag for making him think she too cared for him.
Throughout the song the dude keeps saying "No, I don't want to fall in love" and in the background you hear "This world is only gonna break your heart." Then "No, I don't want to fall in love...with you."

Then at the end of the song the dude says "Nobody loves no one."
However, I seriously think it sounds like he's saying "Nobody loves a gnome."

3 comments:

think tank said...

"Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak. Classic.

Lemons said...

Actually, it's "Wicked Game" by H.I.M.

think tank said...

HIM? ewww...

Chris Isaak did it first, and he did it perfect. The song is is from 1989. So good.