"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm so glad my job is interesting

Seriously, it is.
I love when my friends come in and do stupid stuff. Like last night, My Favorite Blonde's mom whipped a basket at MFB. I couldn't stop laughing.

For some reason today was hilarious.
Things kept going wrong, but they ended up fixing themselves...so that was cool.

This slightly over middle-age guy called me "honeybuns."
An old man poked me with his cane. No, I don't mean he accidentally nudged me with it...he picked it off the ground and stabbed me in the shoulder with it.
There's a couple that's been comin' in quite a bit in the past week or so...they're amusing. The lady asked if we had socks and came to the register with the socks, tampons, and a pregnancy test.
Her husband FREAKED out. He gave me too much information. Like he had no clue she might be preggers until he saw the "shaker with lines." (an amusing name for pregnancy test)
Then he leaned across the counter and whispered that they were already in the double digits kid-wise and didn't need any more.


Wow.

1 comment:

think tank said...

bleep bleep bleep.

ahem.

I've seen older men saying dirty things to girls before. It is creepy.

Just be glad you have a job, with humor. It does sound nice.