"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Haha

Hypothetical situation:

Let's say I had an 18 year old son.
Let's also say that I had a meeting and told him my meeting would run until 7:00.
My meeting ends early and I am pulling into the driveway to my home at about 6:20.
I find my son's girlfriend's car in my driveway.
I would burst through the door and start yelling, IMMEDIATELY.
Then I would see my son and his girlfriend cuddling on the couch watching Vh1.
I would laugh and then try to embarrass my son.

That is what I would do.

This is what went down:
Aeropostale and I were cuddling on his couch watching Vh1 and various other channels. We heard a vehicle pull into the driveway and Aeropostale said, "Oh, my dad's home early."

*FIVE MINUTES LATER*

His dad isn't inside yet. Rather, we can see his dad walking around the back side of the house.

*ROUGHLY FIVE MINUTES LATER*

His dad circles again for lap two. This time he stars at a bush for quite some time before continuing his lap around his gigantic house.

Then I get up to go home. Aeropostale walks me out to my car, and we stand there and talk for a couple seconds. He gives me a good-bye kiss, and then before I get in my car I look over his shoulder and see his dad coming around the corner. He turns around and walks back around the house.
I get in my car and back out of the driveway...I look up and see his dad come back around the corner and he says something to Aeropostale.

I'm confused. Most parents would get mad at something like that.
Not Dr. Trochinski. No. He just walks circles around his house.

No comments: