"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Owie

My senior year.
I was a starting varsity captain.
Until I collided with a girl and had to be carried off the field.

The past two weeks has been weird...from crutches...to wheelchair....to crutches...to walking...to cramping and not being able to get to my crutches...back to walking with a brace.

So I was brought to the ER after the game was over...they took X-rays and said my knee wasn't broken and gave me crutches and a brace.

Coach was all like, "I think you hyper-extended it."
I'm so great my coach had to tell me what was wrong with my freaking knee.

So then I went to Marshfield Clinic...they said it was a sprain and I needed physical therapy.

Then I talked to Trainer John (Who Trains)...he did the whole "Does this hurt? How about here?" Yeah. Now HE thinks that if I hyper-extended/sprained it, that it would be healed by now. So now I might possibly have ligament damage.

Yay for people knowing stuff!

So tonight was our last home game...which means Senior Night. We had absolutely no recognition.
Last year the juniors bought all the seniors balloons and we celebrated.
We got nothing. Not even a mini-speech by coach during half-time.
Wow.

But on the funny side...Coach is the weirdest person ever.

So Coach Desotelle has 4 children:
Shalena
Sawyer
Sebastian
Sharesa.

I don't know the oldest girl, but the other three I do. So Sawyer and Sebastian are twins that look a lot alike but not exactly alike...(but both are gorgeous) So the girls on the soccer bus were discussing which twin was hotter.

Personally, I feel Sebastian is hotter.

Coach decided to get in on the conversation...he thinks Sawyer is hotter.

WHAT!?!? He's not allowed to have an opinion on which one of his children is hotter!

Just weird. Oh well...I need to do some homework...

1 comment:

think tank said...

That's so awful about your injury. Sorry to hear about that. It may not come as very much, since I haven't experienced what you're going through, but just accept my regards and wishes for recovery.

Ah, I know you'll be fine. Maybe I'm just in hyper-sympathy mode from Nursing.

Sharesa...hmm...now with a name like that...