"We'll never be as young as we are right now." --Jim Steinman

Saturday, February 09, 2008

A little bit of S&E

Yesterday was fun.
I got to spend time with some of my friends I haven't really talked to a lot this year.

It started at 1:30 and my first and ONLY performance was at 2:12. I stayed until around 10:00.

So Brass Choir played our song the best we've ever played it. It was damn-near amazing. The funny thing...our judge gave us pretty much exactly the same "suggestions" he gave the group before us. I hate it when judges do that. Then he was all like, "Trumpets...need more air. Tubas...good (I would like to argue that one...). Euphonium...good. French horns...um, you should probably be sitting on the other side." Mr. Knihtila was like, "Uh..."
Which leads me to believe the judge was a French horn player because I KNOW I was blasting out the other 2 French horns and all 3 (4?) of the third trumpets.

We got a 2.

We just sat around the band room for quite a long time.
I had a small dress on...and I had a few of the girls on patrol to let me know if I bent over a little too far.

A lot went on, but most of it was stuff only people there would understand. Or people who hear the daily conversation about Random Freshman's well endowment.
That's like the funniest thing ever.
Haha.

So I had my phone for like half a second...I took like 3 pictures. One of RF's crotch (just for funnies), one of Grandpa-Sick wearing his parka-like jacket, and one of Chocolate and Shoe Buddy all cuddled up on eachother (they're so cute).
Yeah, so Chocolate was like, "give me your phone." Yeah. He just started taking pictures of RF and I. One picture it looks like RF is about to club me over the head, but I'm pretty sure I was dancing and he was adjusting his Bill Cosby sweater.

I had to work the concession stand with the 53 year old freshman. That kid is ridiculous. He's like 14. Wow. I actually heard him once say that he had a long night...he stayed up until 10:00pm. Seriously.
I guess he had a system going before I came into the kitchen, but I was just like here's a soda, some hot dogs, nachos are down there. Then I stood there flirting with cute boys who came through the line. I was waiting for him to just yell at me and be like, "Serve the hot dogs."

It's not easy standing behind the lunch counter in a hot dress, adorable 3-inch heels, amazing black-cherry hair, and rubber gloves.

Good times for my last Solo & Ensemble.
Even though I dropped all my stuff except for Brass Choir and there was no Low Brass Choir this year.

1 comment:

think tank said...

Sounds like a killer outfit. Not only do they get delicious, nutritious refreshment, but they get you! That's a deal.

I remember doing one solo/ensemble. It was a fun time. Not quite as fun as yours, granted, but still cool.

I know it's hard to catch me online, since I'm not on very often. If I am on messenger, it's typically after 8:30 or 9 o'clock your time, and not even every day. Maybe I'll catch you on there sometime.